Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome (again)

It's true, I did ask Mike for a blog. Wedding websites are usually kind of boring, right? All the important details are there, but why not add something a little more interesting?

I'll admit something here ... I am an internet lurker. I read other people's status updates and blogs without commenting. I try to extract as much information about someone as they'll let me - go through all of their pictures, read all of their updates and posts, etc. As long as it is public domain, I take the time to look at it. However, I don't bother to publicly divulge too much information about myself. It's mostly because I am a little lazy, and I am not all that interesting so there isn't much to say anyways.

Why the wedding blog, then? Because about half of our guests don't know me, and the other half don't know Mike. And it is a little strange to celebrate an event that is so important to us with people who don't even know either Mike or me or both, yes? It's nobody's fault, but I would like all of you to get to know the two of us a little bit before the big day so that you can get as excited about our wedding as we are. I'll (try to remember to) post cute stories about us and some insights to our hobbies, interests, and disinterests.

Almost five months left to the big day! I can't wait to celebrate the start of our marriage with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment